Sunday, July 6, 2008

Late Happy 4th!!

Sorry this post is just a few days late. You go out of town for 4 days and everything gets so backed up! You'd think I'd been gone for a month!!

Anyway, we had a great 4th of July and I hope you all did too! We started the morning by going to our city parade, which we do every year. I set out a few chairs the night before to save our spot, as I do every year in the same spot. (Everyone does this!) Well, Friday morning as we walk out to our spot, there was a chair missing. My favorite chair! A nice Coleman rocking camping fold out chair. Stolen! I know, I know, why would I put out my favorite chair? Honestly I wasn't worried about someone taking it. Like I said, everyone lays out chairs and blankets every year and it's never been a problem. As I asked around and talked to some of the people around us, I found out that at least 2 other groups had blankets and chairs taken as well. How rude! It angers me that people have the nerve to take something that doesn't belong to them! I guess it could have been worse, though. I can always buy a new chair. I was ticked, none the less...

Around noon I took Parson and Josh to the carnival over at the park. We had a lot of fun. The weather was perfect. We had some cloud cover and just a light breeze. The kids were able to play a bunch of games and win some fun prizes. We also came home with two little pet frogs!

Then we had a relaxing afternoon just hanging out together. As the evening came, we ate banana splits on the front lawn and waited for the fireworks to begin. We did some snaps and sparklers and the kids loved it. Then we watched some fabulous fireworks. Then Matt gave us a little firework show.

Then the kids were off to bed.

Jaime Sig

9 comments:

Tonya Staab said...

How fun but I can't believe the nerve of someone to steal chairs and blankets.

Banana splits. Yumm-O. I haven't had one of those in many many years.

Anonymous said...

Every year our town hosts an oldies car cruise and literally days before the midnight cruise chairs are lined up for miles!

Last year I noticed people had them chained together to make it harder to steal.

Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Tracy said...

sounds like a 4th right out of a movie - including the stolen chairs. that is a bummer - it just seems that nothing is sacred. oh well, hopefully they needed a great fold out coleman chair more than you, lol.

Jocasta said...

How annoying - I guess at least they spread the theft around!

Laurie said...

I don't know what makes people think that stealing is okay. I could never do something like that and live with myself. I am so sorry that it was a favorite chair that got stolen. I hope that you can find a new one just like it.

I am glad that you all had a great day!

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Frogs?!! Which one of these is not like the other...? How funny.

As for the chairs. I was shocked to see people here put out chairs and ropes and more as early as 5-10 days! before the 24th parade... Annoyed is a better word. It means there literally is no room for us to see the parade on the actual day. We just don't go (really shows 'em doesn't it). But they seem to think no one will steal anything either? I guess I just lived back East too long?

girlytwins said...

Thats so annoying. I would have been ticked too. It's so sad that people take advantage of others specially on such a wonderful day. Sounds like you had a great day none the less :) Happy 4th

jenni anne said...

that sucks about your chair, but it sound like you all had a great family day anyway!

Laura said...

Sounds like a great day!